Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Brando's Finest?

"Stella! Hey, STELLA!"

...one of the AFI's 100 most memorable movie quotes, and also the beer brewed right here in Leuven. It's everywhere. Belgium is home to over 450 brands of beer, but everyone knows which one's brewed here. And that's ok with me, except for the fact that every time I see the logo I think of A Streetcar Named Desire. I give myself one chance in twenty of making it the entire semester without drunkenly reenacting that line one night on the way home from a bar. Hopefully no one will know what the hell I'm talking about.

But on the subject, my other favorite line from the movie (for obvious reasons):

"What your talking about is Desire... just brutal Desire... the name of that rattle-trap streetcar that bangs through the Quarter, up one old narrow street and down another."

Good stuff.

No comments: